- n a sudden jarring impact
the door closed with a jolt
all the jars and jolts were smoothed out by the shock absorbers
- n an abrupt spasmodic movement
- v move or cause to move with a sudden jerky motion
- v disturb (someone's) composure
The audience was jolted by the play
- That night a jolt measuring 7.
- Russia's Mir space station gets a much needed jolt of juice PTI Magazine, September 1, 1997.
- Although players of African descent are routinely harassed during soccer matches, it took the three-time African Player of the Year's near departure from the field to jolt the .
News & Articles
- Images: Calorie counts of Starbucks drinks
Prepare for a jolt: Starbucks has announced it's adding calorie counts to its menu boards starting next week. Here's a look at just how many calories are in some of your favorite Starbucks drinks. Calorie counts are for Grande sizes and include whipped cream, when available, and 2 percent milk, which is now the Starbucks standard.
June 20, 2013 - WDSU New Orleans
- AFI Docs: What Films to See Today
Today's the first full day of programming for AFI Docs . Here's what you should see. Windsor, N.C., is a town in need of a jolt. In 2010, a flood destroyed its central business district. A quarter of its roughly 2,300 residents lives in poverty.
June 20, 2013 - Washington City Paper
- Experimental Electronic: Featureless Ghost
Goth-dance figureheads give Atlanta's indie scene a jolt of electricity by Bobby Power Much has changed since the goth-tinged synth-pop duo of Elise Tippins and Matt Weiner, aka Featureless Ghost, relocated its brand of retro-futuristic dance music from New York to Atlanta in May of 2010. The pair's three fruitful years spent releasing new music, touring, and curating events and parties helped ...
June 20, 2013 - Creative Loafing Atlanta
- Barack Obama in Reuters
With the private sector so weakened by this recession, the federal government is the only entity left with the resources to jolt our economy back to life,Obama said during a televised prime-time appearance in the East Room of the White House...
- Jerry Stackhouse in Leading The Charge
I think Devin has a lot of upside, but Jason Kidd is the type of all-league point guard our teams needs,Stackhouse said. "We just need a jolt. Adding a player like him can re-energize a team, hopefully."