imploring : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v call upon in supplication; entreat
- a begging
- This is something to keep in mind now that the Thomas Friedmans and Arianna Huffingtons of the world are imploring Obama to get angry, to shed his above-the-fray cool and fight .
- Is it all right to be straightforward in your imploring to beseech God on behalf of you and your family's personal fortune or is that somehow selfish?.
- Rather his "thoughts of the day" range from imploring Republicans to move to another country to contemplating the transience of clouds.
News & Articles
- Students educated on the perils of underage drinking
“If we lose just one of you, everyone in this community feels it.” That was the message HUGS Executive Director Kym Laube carried to Shelter Island prom-bound students Tuesday night, imploring them to make smart decisions and abstain from alcohol in their teen years.
June 6, 2013 - The Shelter Island Reporter
- Capella Education upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Barrington
Barrington upgraded Capella Education based on expectations the company's fundamentals are imploring and that new student enrollment is at an inflection point.
June 5, 2013 - Theflyonthewall.com via Yahoo! Finance