- n a mood that expresses an intention to influence the listener's behavior
- n some duty that is essential and urgent
- a requiring attention or action
as nuclear weapons proliferate, preventing war becomes imperative
requests that grew more and more imperative
- a relating to verbs in the imperative mood
- Using that formula, which cut his margins to the bone, it was imperative that Wal-Mart grow sales at a relentless pace.
- It's called the cognitive imperative, the uniquely human, hardwired instinct to link cause with effect that gave us a vital evolutionary advantage over other animal species.
- They were more receptive when he said: "Controlled universal disarmament is the imperative of our time.
News & Articles
- NOAA Projects This Hurricane Season Will Be Severe, Cunningham Financial Group Wants Louisiana to Be Prepared
With as many as eleven hurricanes predicted this year, preparing homes for the season is imperative for Louisiana residents. (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10821579.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Op-ed: Adopt Next Generation Science Standards in schools
It’s imperative we adopt, implement and fund the nation’s new Next Generation Science Standards in Washington state, according to guest columnists Sonia Siegel-Vexler and Jeff Estes.
June 11, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Ten Types of Innovation Advances the Field of Innovation From Art to Discipline with One of the World's Most ...
NEW YORK, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For many businesses and organizations innovation isn't optional - it's imperative. Customers demand it; competitors will outflank them if they don't achieve it; ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in Khabrein
At a time when jobs are in short supply, building exports is an imperative,he said speaking at the White House to a gathering of government and corporate officials.
- Robert Gates in TIME
Afterward, Gates said, "It is imperative that all of us taking part in these deliberations, civilians and military alike, provide our best advice to the President, candidly but privately."
- Stephen Harper in Los Angeles Times
To sustain the recovery, it is imperative we follow through on existing stimulus plans,Harper said. "At the same time, advanced countries must send a clear message that as our stimulus plans expire, we will focus on getting our fiscal...