- a lacking humor; a wink of warning"- Truman Capote
- He would indeed be humourless if he had used the words attributed to him about being chief spokesman of God to his fellow countrymen.
- I can only see them as defective adults; feckless, destructive, frivolous, sensual, humourless.
- Some of you people are so humourless and ideologically poisonous I wonder how those close to can stand it.
News & Articles
- Olympics-Smiling volunteers show new face of Russia
* Young volunteers challenge humourless stereotype * Foreign visitors won over by smiles, enthusiasm * Contrast with regimented Communist youth movement By Mark Trevelyan ROSA KHUTOR, Russia, Feb 15 (Reuters) - As a volunteer at the Sochi Olympics, Anna Kostareva's main role is to marshal journalists at the foot of the Rosa Khutor ski slope, but she finds it hard to stop herself dancing on the ...
Feb. 15, 2014 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Katherine Heigl in Scottish Daily Record
She has called Knocked Up, the comedy that launched her as a movie star, "sexist...... it paints the women as shrews, as humourless and uptight".
- Johnny Rotten in The West Australian
Coldplay hit the number 1 spot in the UK charts this week with their new album Viva La Vida but Johnny said: "I pity the poor b*****s who have to watch them. They are utterly humourless." "I met them a few years ago, said hello and...
- Robert Christgau in The Guardian
As critic Robert Christgau noted: "It took about 18 months - from early 1967 to late 1969 - for the idea of 'revolution' to evolve from an illusion of humourless politniks to a hip password."