hold back :
- v hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of
- v keep under control; keep in check
- v refrain from doing
- v wait before acting
- v secure and keep for possible future use or application
- v hold back; keep from being perceived by others
News & Articles
- Johnny Manziel should lie low for a while
Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel is not one to hold back his emotions. He's a very engaging person, both on and off the field, but his actions away from the gridiron can sometimes get him in trouble. Especially with that blessing and curse known simply as Twitter. According to a report by the Dallas Morning News, Manziel's Twitter personality (@JManziel2) sparked some controversy over the ...
June 17, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- Maine's population the oldest in the country
BANGOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- If you thought jokes about Florida residents being old were funny, you may want to hold back your laugh. New census data out last week shows that Maine's residents are actually among the oldest in the U.S.
June 17, 2013 - WCSH 6 Portland
- Don Cherry calls Malkin 'loser,' says he 'wouldn't give that guy anything'
Canadian hockey personality Don Cherry didn't hold back when asked about Penguins center Evgeni Malkin.
June 17, 2013 - WTAE-TV Pittsburgh