- n a mountainous region of northern Scotland famous for its rugged beauty; known for the style of dress (the kilt and tartan) and the clan system (now in disuse)
- n elevated (e.g., mountainous) land
- KIDNAPPEDDirected by DELBERT MANN Screenplay by JACK PULMANThe lad is kidnapped, shipwrecked and left to fend for himself out in the Scottish highlands with.
- In Papua New Guinea's highlands, misfortune is often blamed on magic-and the killing of alleged sorcerers is on the rise.
- In the remote and barren highlands of eastern Iceland, the herds of reindeer and flocks of pink-footed geese suddenly have some company.
- Peter Barter in Sydney Morning Herald
The first study into the environmental impact of the mine was partly funded by Highlands Pacific so it seems suspicious in my view, and may have been slightly favourable towards Highlands Pacific,Barter told PNG's Post-Courier newspaper.
- Phil Mickelson in USA Today
One of my best memories of the Skins Game was watching Nicklaus on 18 at Desert Highlands make a putt for $240,000 and throw his putter up in the air,Mickelson said. "I thought that was a pretty cool moment."
- Gordon Strachan in Sportinglife.com
Strachan said: "It's a rare species just now. I spotted some strikers jogging about in the Scottish Highlands this morning. It's a rare sight. We've got two. If you keep playing one all the time then he is going to get tired or injured and you're...