highlight : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the most interesting or memorable part
the highlight of the tour was our visit to the Vatican
- n an area of lightness in a picture
- v move into the foreground to make more visible or prominent
The introduction highlighted the speaker's distinguished career in linguistics
- v apply a highlighter to one's cheeks or eyebrows in order to make them more prominent
highlight the area above your eyebrows
- In the evening, the President will host a dinner celebrating Ramadan and highlight the contributions of American Muslims in the State Dining Room.
- There are three levels of difficulty; the site will time you (there's a pause button if you need to take a breather) and, if you wish, "validate" your answers (and highlight any .
- The economists who highlight this phenomenon tend to be liberals; many of them blame the Reagan Administration for failing to help Middle Americans adapt to the postindustrial age.
News & Articles
- UTC PR Clinic: PR For Every Business
SALT LAKE CITY, July 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Snapp Conner PR ( http://snappconner.com ) will highlight six PR tactics any company can utilize to effectively promote its brand at the Utah Technology Council's ...
July 1, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Bassett, Whitaker, J-Hud, Blige in ‘Black Nativity’ Trailer [Watch]
*A highlight of Sunday’s “BET Awards ‘13” telecast took place during an early commercial break when a trailer for the upcoming holiday musical “Black Nativity” made its debut. The contemporary adaptation of Langston Hughes’ play stars Forest Whitaker, Angela Bassett, Jennifer Hudson, Tyrese Gibson, Jacob Latimore, Mary J. Blige and Nas – billed as his [...]
July 1, 2013 - EURweb
- More Ohio Patrols Highlight Drunk Boating Danger
Extra waterway patrols in Ohio will highlight the dangers of boating while drunk or on drugs.
July 1, 2013 - WBNS-10TV Columbus
- Eric Cantor in Boston Globe
Eric Cantor of Virginia, the number two House Republican, said that Obama's plan "looks dramatically out of touch as they highlight the creation of temporary summer employment in the face of job losses unseen in decades, record unemployment and...
- Shami Chakrabarti in BBC News
Shami Chakrabarti, director of human rights group Liberty, said on Friday: "Today's farcical proceedings highlight the nightmare of control orders and the heads we win; tails you lose" Home Office idea of justice."
- Manmohan Singh in Bloomberg
Such barbaric acts targeting innocent men, women and children only highlight the desperation and cowardice of those responsible,Singh said in an e-mailed statement. "We will take all possible steps to maintain peace and bring the...