highlighter : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a cosmetic used to highlight the eyes or cheekbones
- n a fluorescent marker used to mark important passages in a text
- You can change colors, use a highlighter, doodle, even erase a word by scratching it out.
- But for students who want a complete, original copy of the textbook, free from someone else's roving highlighter or absent-minded doodles, international editions are hard to ignore.
- Have students choose an article and read it with a highlighter in hand.
- Steve Israel in Newsday
I go through each bill with a yellow highlighter and stick-ems,Israel said.
- Phil Savage in FOXNews
This is a no-brainer,Savage said. "You mark it down with your highlighter and say we just got the No. 1 player in the draft."
- Rudy Giuliani in Village Voice
Giuliani wrote in his own book, Leadership, that Judi Nathan got him a copy of Bodansky's prophetic work "shortly after 9/11," and that he covered it in "highlighter and notes," citing his study of it as an example of how he "mastered...