highland : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n elevated (e.g., mountainous) land
- a used of high or hilly country
- KIDNAPPEDDirected by DELBERT MANN Screenplay by JACK PULMANThe lad is kidnapped, shipwrecked and left to fend for himself out in the Scottish highlands with.
- In Papua New Guinea's highlands, misfortune is often blamed on magic-and the killing of alleged sorcerers is on the rise.
- In the remote and barren highlands of eastern Iceland, the herds of reindeer and flocks of pink-footed geese suddenly have some company.
News & Articles
- Highland RDA funds released
Highland Community Development Director John Jaquess announced Tuesday morning that Highland’s redevelopment funds assigned to local construction projects have been approved by the state Finance Department, resolving the dissolution of the Redevelopment Agency and making millions of dollars available for projects already approved before the Redevelopment Agency was disbanded by the state.
June 12, 2013 - Highland Community News
- Highland games take to Newport
The annual Highland Games at the Newport Celtic Festival are only three years old, but the idea of the Highland Games is much older than that.
June 12, 2013 - Newport News-Times
- Highland Care Pavilion Opens Today
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Today Alameda Health System (AHS), a nationally recognized public health care provider, opens the doors of its new Highland Care Pavilion on the campus of Highland Hospital to patients ...
June 12, 2013 - GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Joe Dolce in Sydney Morning Herald
Dolce says there have been about 70 "international cover versions" of Shaddap You Face "by artists as diverse as Lou Monte, Manuel of Fawlty Towers - and even rapper KRS-One. The Canberra Celtic Pipe Band does a brilliant highland fling...
- Rhoda Grant in John O'Groat Journal
Mrs Grant said yesterday: "I urge NHS Highland to provide all the affected patients with the information they need as soon as possible but I also think we need to review how health services are delivered in this part of the world. Too often we end...
- Alex Salmond in New Energy Focus
Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond said: "The Scottish Government is happy to support this Â£14 million investment to develop new training and research facilities at the North Highland College in Thurso."