- v foreshadow or presage
- v praise vociferously
- v greet enthusiastically or joyfully
- s publicly announced
the royal couple's much heralded world tour
- In defeating the French at Dien Bien Phu, he heralded the end of imperialism.
- Although some critics have already heralded the end of the reggaeton craze, Yankee believes that it's a form that is just being born.
- It redefined, mostly for the better, the way millions of people would live their lives, and it heralded the potential for a profound change in the way .
News & Articles
- MLB: Pittsburgh 8, San Francisco 2
PITTSBURGH, June 11 (UPI) -- Heralded rookie Gerrit Cole earned a win and drove in a pair of runs in his major league debut Tuesday, lifting the Pittsburgh Pirates over San Francisco 8-2.
June 12, 2013 - UPI
- Mariners poll: Is timing right for Mike Zunino call-up?
Seattle Times reporter Larry Stone reported Tuesday that the Mariners are calling up heralded catcher Mike Zunino, the club’s top draft choice in 2012. The No. 3 overall pick should be available for Tuesday night’s home game against the Houston Astros. So what do you think of the timing
June 11, 2013 - Seattle Times
- QB Danny O'Brien leaves Wisconsin Badgers program
Once-heralded transfer QB Danny O'Brien won't return to Badgers.
June 10, 2013 - Fox Sports
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
There is still a lot of work to do before this city is fully recovered,Bush says. "And for people who are still hurting and not yet back in their homes, a brighter day might seem impossible. Yet a brighter day is coming and it is heralded...
- Jason Varitek in ESPN
He's still getting better,Boston catcher Jason Varitek said. "We forget sometimes with how much he's been heralded that he's 26 and this is his first time here."
- John McCain in Minneapolis Star Tribune
Here's McCain on the campaign: "It began so long ago with the heralded arrival of the man known to Oprah Winfrey as 'The One.' Being a friend and colleague of Barack I just called him 'That One,'" McCain said in reference to his bully-like...