hedgerow : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a fence formed by a row of closely planted shrubs or bushes
- The outcome instead sends the Democratic race into several weeks of tough and expensive, hedgerow-to-hedgerow combat.
- Boyle, with her gold dress, black hose, white shoes and hedgerow eyebrows, was unemployed and, yes, living alone with her cat, Pebbles.
- Then I unsnap my harness, untangle myself, stand up and run to the hedgerow where I saw the chute go down.
News & Articles
- Davis Ranch riparian work funded
The state Wildlife Conservation Board this week approved a $220,000 grant to the Davis Ranch Riparian and Hedgerow Restoration Project in Colusa County. The grant goes to the National Audubon Society as part of a project to restore more than 3 miles...
June 8, 2013 - Colusa County Sun-Herald
- Mike Ward in Southtown Star
All the hedgerows are gone,Ward says. "There are a few hedgerows here and there, but the hedgerow birds are gone. We found one shrike the entire time. We got a few more bobwhites, but they are all in southern Illinois. There's not much...
- Rudy Giuliani in Newsday
Gaines, author of "Philistines at the Hedgerow: Passion and Property in the Hamptons," added of Giuliani and Nathan: "They are two very lucky people. They love each other tremendously."
- Tracey Thorn in The Guardian
I think people have an idealised sense of our life,says Thorn. "Because we've lived and worked together for so many years they think we're skipping hand-in-hand through a hedgerow. I just think, Christ, surely you can imagine that on a...