hedonism : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the pursuit of pleasure as a matter of ethical principle
- n an ethical system that evaluates the pursuit of pleasure as the highest good
- Cultures after cultures have craved for happiness through pleasure but have perished. Is the same fate reserved for the current drive towards hedonism.
- But whether you consider Hugh Hefner a smut-peddler or a "prophet of pop hedonism"PTI's phrasing in 1967you can't deny the guy his place in the American canon.
- Now, in his new novel, I Am Charlotte Simmons (Farrar, Straus Giroux; 676 pages), Wolfe has set himself the challenge of chronicling youthful hedonism on a college campus.
News & Articles
- Hedoween a Spooktacular Event to be Held at Hedonism II October 2013 Soon to be Sold Out from Go Classy Tours ...
Go Classy Tours & http://www.Caribbean-Hideaways.com announced today that their Group Rooms are almost gone for the Hedonism II Halloween 2013 Spooktacular. Hedoween is the place to be for Nudist and Lifestyle clients touting events and contests for everyone. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10790692.htm
June 14, 2013 - PRWeb
- Film Review: This is the End
This is the End | B- As much as Hollywood loves to extol its brand of glitzy, sun-soaked hedonism, there is an equally irresistible urge to burn it all down. The apocalypse has been all the rage lately, with a diverse slate like 2012 , Melancholia, Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, Oblivion and countless zombie flicks — all reveling in mass destruction. None of them, however, have ...
June 12, 2013 - Detroit Metro Times
- Pope Benedict XVI in International Herald Tribune
It is true that one can detect a certain weakening of Christian life in society overall,Benedict told 200 bishops and archbishops and 20 cardinals. "And of participation in the life of the Catholic Church, due to secularism, hedonism,...
- Ana Matronic in Sydney Morning Herald
We're out [but] maybe not every night as it used to be when we were younger and more foolish,Matronic says. "We pace ourselves more, but we make time for hedonism."
- Alan Keyes in ChicagoPride.com
In another interview Keyes said that: "I have said that if you are actively engaging in homosexual relations, those relations are about selfish hedonism." "If my daughter were a lesbian, I'd look at her and say, `That is a relationship that...