- n someone motivated by desires for sensual pleasures
- When he declares that we should all "surely, slowly, fully and without excess enjoy the pleasures of the senses," he is heir to the hedonist philosophers of ancient Greece.
- It bills itself as "a hedonist's and sportsman's dream," and that's truth in advertising.
- According to Italian authorities and their partisans in the blogosphere, where her case has been strenuously debated, behind her beatific smile lies a psycho hedonist capable of .
News & Articles
- Playing a shameless ex-con, Jon Voight has the year’s best role on ‘Ray Donovan’
While the title character on Showtime’s hit series “Ray Donovan” struggles with how to be a man of conscience, his father — ex-con Mickey, a hedonist gangster — shows how uncomplicated life can be when scruples aren’t part of the equation. “They both have a resourcefulness, but Mickey lacks a...
July 21, 2013 - New York Post
- Alan Keyes in NBC5.com
It is based simply on the premise of selfish hedonism,Keyes said of homosexuality. "So Mary Cheney is a selfish hedonist, is that it?"
- William Lindsay Gresham in Los Angeles Times
Baptized an Episcopalian, raised an agnostic, in turns a Unitarian, a hedonist, a stoic, a Communist, a self-made mystic, and an eclectic grabber after truth, I had at last come home,wrote William Lindsay Gresham after his reconversion to the...
- Thomas de Quincey in Irish Times
I am a Hedonist;De Quincey wrote, "and, if you must know why I take opium, that's the reason why."