- s showing warm and heartfelt friendliness
a hearty welcome
- s providing abundant nourishment
a hearty meal
- s endowed with or exhibiting great bodily or mental health
a hearty glow of health
- s consuming abundantly and with gusto
a hearty (or healthy) appetite
- s without reservation
- Cassoulet is said to date back to the 14th century siege of Castelnaudary during the Hundred Years' War, when citizens created a communal dish so hearty their revivified soldiers .
- Whether or not you're a gastronome, reading about Rome's bountiful organic markets and the hearty hot dogs of Santiago, Chile, will surprise and delight you.
- A long-time Democrat, short-time independent, and former Gore running mate, he seemed a little out of place in the hearty Republican crowd.
News & Articles
- Letter: Thanks for serving, Mick
A hearty “thank you” to our departing mayor. And the “thank you” is not for any particular policy or action but simply for serving! Nobody can please all the people all the time — or even some of the time.
June 13, 2013 - The Aspen Times
- FinanceSpectrum.com Pitches Low-Cost Summer Vacation Ideas
FinanceSpectrum.com financial advice website proposed a hearty list of vacation ideas for consumers on a budget, after discovering that hotels around the nation are scaling back amenities in preparation for a low-travel season. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/Pitches-Low-Cost-Summer/Vacation-Ideas/prweb10829880.htm
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- Fisherman's pie
Serves 6 generously Something about the biting winter air makes us long for hearty food and familiar tastes. Here, white fish and shrimp, along with potatoes and cheese turn into a crusty casserole-style dish in a silky sauce. It's topped with mashed potatoes, which turn golden brown in the oven. The cheese can be left out of both the filling ...
June 11, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Roger Ebert in International Herald Tribune
He had no idea who was behind him when he smacked me,Ebert wrote. "Now it looked like he was picking on poor me. I have had my problems, but I promise you I am plenty hearty enough to withstand a smack, and quite happy, after the smack, to...
- Hamid Karzai in AFP
Karzai told reporters he and Zardari had had "a very hearty meeting" to discuss cooperation in the fight against terrorism, and had pledged to work together.
- Sharad Pawar in Cricketnext.com
Hearty congratulations to Abhinav Bindra for winning India's first-ever individual gold medal at the Olympics. He has done the country proud. His achievement heralds a new era for Indian sport,Pawar said in a release on Monday.