- n matter that is solid at room temperature and pressure
- n the state in which a substance has no tendency to flow under moderate stress; resists forces (such as compression) that tend to deform it; and retains a definite size and shape
- n a three-dimensional shape
- s characterized by good substantial quality
a solid base hit
- a of definite shape and volume; firm; neither liquid nor gaseous
ice is water in the solid state
- a entirely of one substance with no holes inside
a solid block of wood
- s of one substance or character throughout
carved out of solid rock
- s uninterrupted in space; having no gaps or breaks
a solid line across the page
solid sheets of water
- s providing abundant nourishment
good solid food
- s of good quality and condition; solidly built
a solid foundation
- s not soft or yielding to pressure
- s having three dimensions
a solid object
- s impenetrable for the eye
- s financially sound
the bank is solid and will survive this attack
- s of a substantial character and not frivolous or superficial
work of solid scholarship
based on solid facts
- s meriting respect or esteem
- s of the same color throughout
- s acting together as a single undiversified whole
a solid voting bloc
- But they all have been gas balls or can't be proven to be solid.
- With the S5004 model you get a solid-state hard drive, which means no fragile spinning parts, so the machine is less likely to suffer damage if dropped or bumped.
- State television said the powerful Revolutionary Guard, which controls Iran's missile program, successfully tested the medium-range Shahab-3 and Sajjil solid-fuel missiles with .
- Paul Goydos in iseekgolf.com
That's the most nervous I've been over a putt, probably,he said after his round. "It felt like when I brought the putter back and made a pretty good stroke, couldn't hit the putt any more solid and the ball couldn't have gone more in the...
- President Bush in Irish Times
Over the remainder of 2008, the effects of monetary policy and fiscal stimulus, a gradual ebbing of the drag from residential construction, further progress in the repair of financial and credit markets, and still-solid demand from abroad should... Ben Bernanke http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Bernanke&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEsTNLK-7-f3R5-thHohB-P27CEdw MarketWatch http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/bernanke-says-slowdown-bring-inflation/story.aspx%3Fguid%3D%257BB17B9D54-A9A8-4B31-8F65-2AD170A5B561%257D%26dist%3Dmsr_1&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFWIb2YzhTIRQsaDOVj8PPueCxOuA Jun 9, 2008
92181 122453 solid I'd be glad to help him if he's the nominee - he is very strong on national defence, he is tough fiscally, he is pro-life. His principles are sound and solid," Mr Bush said.