healing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the natural process by which the body repairs itself
- v heal or recover
- v get healthy again
The wound is healing slowly
- v provide a cure for, make healthy again
- s tending to cure or restore to health
her gentle healing hand
- His subordinate priests last week commanded elderly Cosmo Gordon Lang, Archbishop of Canterbury, to write them out an Office for faith healing.
- When Pope John Paul II arrives in Bulgaria this week he is expected to make the usual noises about healing the rift between the Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Churches.
- She is investigating what she calls "distance healing," in which those offering the prayers are far removed from the patients, who themselves are not even aware that .
News & Articles
- East TN veterans gather for fly fishing, barbecue
Project Healing Waters is a program aimed at helping disabled veterans through trout fishing. Wednesday they hosted a meet and greet at Outdoor Knoxville.
June 20, 2013 - WBIR-TV Knoxville
- How Cancer Caregivers Heal
If only healing after cancer caregiving were as fast and predictable as recovering from a scratch or bruise. After caregiving ends, you’ll find yourself grieving, regardless of whether your care recipient died, fears potential recurrence, or has been declared cancer free.
June 20, 2013 - ThirdAge
- Illuminations Now Offers Spirited Healing Services
Holistic well-being center, Illuminations, now offers spiritual healing services to fulfill a desire for individuals to look within and beyond for answers to life’s perplexing questions. (PRWeb June 17, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10842703.htm
June 18, 2013 - PRWeb
- Joe Manchin in USA Today
We did not receive the miracle we prayed for,Manchin said. "Now this journey has ended and now the healing will start."
- Pope Benedict XVI in Earthtimes (press release)
Today I encourage each of you to do what you can to foster healing and reconciliation and to assist those who have been hurt,Benedict said in an advance version of his homily.
- Andy Pettitte in BBC News
I accept responsibility for those two days. If what I did was an error in judgment, I apologise,Pettitte said. "I was on the disabled list, and I had heard that human growth hormone could promote faster healing for my elbow. I felt an...