mend : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n sewing that repairs a worn or torn hole (especially in a garment)
her stockings had several mends
- n the act of putting something in working order again
- v restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken
- v heal or recover
My broken leg is mending
- But the attackers, who said they were part of a new group called the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (mend), kidnapped four foreign contractors.
- It is also threatening to cripple societies barely on the mend from the 1997 economic meltdown.
- After all, researchers have been injecting stem cells into paralyzed rats and watching their spinal cords mend.
News & Articles
- Obama returns to Berlin, no longer a 'superstar'
President Obama will give his first speech in Berlin since his rousing address as a candidate in 2008. This time, he comes amid lowered expectations, trying to mend transatlantic rifts. WASHINGTON — Five years ago, when Americans had not yet made up their minds on their choice for president, Europe had. More than 200,000 people crowded the streets of Berlin — a favorite backdrop for U.S ...
June 15, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Greek coalition partners rebuff PM offer on broadcaster
By Karolina Tagaris ATHENS (Reuters) - Both junior partners in Greece's ruling coalition have turned down a compromise by the prime minister over the shutdown of public broadcaster ERT, raising the prospect that the rift among the parties might be impossible to mend. Prime Minister Antonis Samaras offered on Friday to rehire a smaller number of staff to resume news broadcasts, in response to an ...
June 15, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Kenny Rogers’ Latest Book, Means 2 A Mend, Now Available
Kenny Rogers releases his latest fiction novel, Means 2 A Mend, a story based on overcoming family struggles. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10829713.htm
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- Art Garfunkel in BBC News
Garfunkel added: "I do feel bad about disrupting so many people's plans but, as I continue to mend, I can't yet bring my A-game to a tour, and I would not perform for you with anything less."
- Dan Snyder in The Associated Press
I don't think it's 'mend the fences' as much as 'embrace the relationship,'Snyder said.
- President Bush in CNN
Providence gave us Gerald Ford's steady hand and calm leadership during a time of great division and turmoil,Bush said. "He guided America through a crisis of confidence, and helped our nation mend its wounds by restoring faith in our...