healed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v heal or recover
- v get healthy again
- v provide a cure for, make healthy again
- s freed from illness or injury
the incision is healed
- When John the Baptist asked Jesus through intermediaries for his credentials, Roberts was indicating, Jesus replied that he had healed the sick and raised the dead.
- Beatification will confirm Pius' "heroic virtue," affirm a miracle (a nun's broken kneecap healed) and encourage Catholics to venerate his remains, which will be transferred to a .
- One of several Obama clips in the ad features the Senator saying, "A nation healed, a world repaired.
News & Articles
- Front-running Fort Larned romps to victory in Stephen Foster
The angst from two prior disastrous outings this year was healed in one front-running swoop Saturday night as Fort Larned defeated a field that included four other Grade I winners by 61/4 lengths in the $536,300 Stephen Foster.
June 16, 2013 - Lexington Herald-Leader
- Nick Swisher injury: Indians 1B may land on disabled list with bad shoulder
The Cleveland Indians may be forced to place outfielder/first baseman Nick Swisher on the disabled list due to a sore left shoulder. Swisher aggravated the injury in the fifth inning of Saturday night's game against the Nationals while swinging, reports the Cleveland Plain Dealer's Paul Hoynes . Swisher missed time earlier in the year with a similar injury that has not yet fully healed. "I've ...
June 16, 2013 - SB Nation
- PBT: Parker says hamstring 'can tear at anytime'
SAN ANTONIO -- Tony Parker said that he was feeling no additional pain in his strained hamstring the day after his Spurs suffered a Game 4 loss, but that doesn't mean that he's entirely healed.
June 15, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Pope Benedict XVI in BBC News
The Pope said the resurrection "reassures us that God can make all things new, that history need not be repeated, that memories can be healed, that the bitter fruits of recrimination and hostility can be overcome".
- Tony La Russa in Seattle Post Intelligencer
It's the second time it's happened, so we need to get him well,La Russa said. "Going back to last year, it's the third time. We'll just try to get it 100 percent healed."
- Dustin Pedroia in Lewiston Sun Journal
In the past I've healed pretty quick,Pedroia said. "I hope I do the same this time."