- v provide a cure for, make healthy again
The treatment cured the boy's acne
- v prepare by drying, salting, or chemical processing in order to preserve
- v make (substances) hard and improve their usability
- v be or become preserved
- s freed from illness or injury
the patient appears cured
- s (used of rubber) treated by a chemical or physical process to improve its properties (hardness and strength and odor and elasticity)
- s (used of concrete or mortar) kept moist to assist the hardening
- s (used of hay e.g.) allowed to dry
- s (used especially of meat) cured in brine
- s (used of tobacco) aging as a preservative process (`aged' is pronounced as one syllable)
- Nor is it clear that Huetter's claim to have cured his patient is yet justified.
- One reason why homosexuals are so rarely cured is that they rarely try treatment.
- I don't think anyone ever knows whether he or she is cured.