- s excessively quick
a headlong rush to sell
- s with the head foremost
a headlong dive into the pool
- r with the head foremost
the runner slid headlong into third base
- r at breakneck speed
burst headlong through the gate
- r in a hasty and foolhardy manner
he fell headlong in love with his cousin
- Stead, an Australian with a wonderful style, both headlong and sturdy, is fearless in her depiction of the Pollits and more compassionate in her judgments than you or I could ever .
- As the clangs and hoots echoed through the ship, officers and men tumbled out of bunks, rushed headlong for battle stations.
- From the moment you set foot in the boomtowns of the Rio Grande Valley, you sense you are watching the gold rush, headlong and free spirited and corrupt and ingenious.
News & Articles
- Praters rolls into United tortilla business
Praters Foods, United Supermarkets' prepared foods division, has plunged headlong into the tortilla business, launching two house brands for its parent stores this spring.
June 12, 2013 - Lubbock Avalanche-Journal
- U.K.'s Headlong Appoints Jeremy Herrin as New Artistic Director
Jeremy Herrin, former deputy artistic director of London's Royal Court Theatre from 2009-2012, is to take over as artistic director of the U.K. touring company Headlong.
June 10, 2013 - Playbill
- Headlong Dance Theater at Danspace Project
“Avalanche,” a work by Headlong Dance Theater, hints at the phases a dancer or actor goes through in a lifetime.
June 7, 2013 - New York Times
- Dirk Kempthorne in Winston-Salem Journal (registration)
The brown pelican is known for its fishing displays, plunging headlong from the air into the water and rising with a mouthful of fish,Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne said in announcing the delisting proposal.
- Nick Clegg in Channel 4 News
Mr Clegg said: "The Government's onward march towards a surveillance state has now become a headlong rush. They seem determined to hoover up the DNA details of as many people as they can, regardless of guilt or innocence. We already have by far the...
- Jack Layton in CTV.ca
This is an opportunity now for Stephen Harper to make a choice,Layton said. "Does he want to demonstrate some sort of leadership and make this Parliament work or is he going to take us headlong into an election? That's his choice."