hawk : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n diurnal bird of prey typically having short rounded wings and a long tail
- n an advocate of an aggressive policy on foreign relations
- n a square board with a handle underneath; used by masons to hold or carry mortar
- v sell or offer for sale from place to place
- v hunt with hawks
the tribes like to hawk in the desert
- v clear mucus or food from one's throat
- The Missing, Tommy Lee Jones tells this story: An Apache gets up one morning and sees a hawk perching in a tree.
- Last Sunday, as they will every fair Sunday until the end of November, farmers flocked up Blue Mountain, in Pennsylvania-Dutch Schuylkill County, to watch for hawks and eagles .
- And now the hawk has ended its flight.