- n any political orientation favoring aggressive policies
- So why does hawkishness seem so intemperate now? Two reasons, I suspect one psychological and one political.
- Among Democrats, hawkishness is out of fashion, but humanitarianism remains strong.
- He could get away with this hawkishness--perhaps even be celebrated for it--if he were still the McCain of 2000.
News & Articles
- Goldman Analysts Go Cold On Turkey (Update 1)
Goldman Turkey story updated to include sharp reversal in Goldman view from a year earlier. NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Goldman Sachs has gone from bull to bear on Turkey as the investment bank's analysts elaborate upon their recent cautious outlook for emerging markets countries in light of increased hawkishness from the U.S. Federal Reserve. A team of analysts led by Singapore-based Christopher ...
June 27, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- Michael Beschloss in Earthtimes.org
As he grew older, he also increasingly moved to the center. He was privately critical of Bush's Iraq war and was also surprised by Cheney's growing hawkishness,writes Beschloss.
- Daniel Yankelovich in Asia Times Online
I think the candidates' positions on foreign policy haven't communicated yet throughout the electorate,Yankelovich said. "When they do ...... the hawkishness of McCain will work against him [so long as] the Democrats find a way of...
- Richard Griffiths in guardian.co.uk
I'm told the concerns are exactly the same over here as they are in England,Griffiths says. "The fear that this kind of careerist hawkishness is filtering down to teenagers. In England, if you go to Oxbridge, that's a meal ticket for life....