- n a seller of shoddy goods
- n a person who writes radio or tv advertisements
- v sell or offer for sale from place to place
- v wrangle (over a price, terms of an agreement, etc.)
- Small investors, institutions, hedge funds, global banks, pension funds all fell victim to usual suspects: a smooth huckster and greed.
- But as a rogue, huckster and progressive, he is extraordinary.
- A third character drove up in a huckster's wagon and, waiting for the noon ice delivery, comforted his horse by feeding him first water, then hay.
- Michael Jacobson in MyStateline.com
Speaking about the colorful clown, Jacobson said, quote, "a huckster in a clown's suit is still a huckster."
- Allan Lichtman in Newsweek
When you get to the general, every huckster and ad man and consultant wants in,says Allan Lichtman, a presidential historian at American University. "And the consultants always push you to the lowest common denominator : Candidates are...