- n a New York river; flows southward into New York Bay; explored by Henry Hudson early in the 17th century
- n English naturalist (born in Argentina) (1841-1922)
- n English navigator who discovered the Hudson River; in 1610 he attempted to winter in Hudson Bay but his crew mutinied and set him adrift to die (1565-1611)
News & Articles
- Hudson's Bay posts smaller loss as Canadian sales rise
TORONTO (Reuters) - Hudson's Bay Co. reported a smaller quarterly loss on Wednesday as strength at its namesake chain partly offset a weather-related drop in same-store sales at its Lord & Taylor U.S. chain. Shares of Toronto-based HBC rose as much as 4.9 percent on the news and were up 3.3 percent at C$16.70 in mid-morning trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange. The shares have struggled since ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Hudson's Bay Company Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results; Declares Quarterly Dividend
TORONTO -- Hudson's Bay Company ("HBC" or the "Company") reported today its results for the 13-week period ended May 4, 2013 (the "first quarter"). The first quarter was characterized ...
June 12, 2013 - GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Hudson County 'road rage murder' suspect suspended without pay
The Hudson County Prosecutor's Office detective accused in the road rage murder of a Maryland man Saturday night was suspended without pay, said officials from the Hudson County Prosecutors Office.
June 12, 2013 - The Jersey Journal
- Billy Martin in 940 News
Our position has been that we are going to try to help Judge Hudson understand all the facts and Michael's role,Vick's defense attorney, Billy Martin, said in telephone interview. "Michael's role was different than others associated with...