- n the United States federal department that administers federal programs dealing with better housing and urban renewal; created in 1965
- A PTI examination of spending by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) shows that tribes with casinos often pull in more hud money per capita than casino .
News & Articles
- New HUD Report On Housing Discrimination Demonstrates Persistence Of Housing Discrimination But May Understate The ...
WASHINGTON, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A study on housing discrimination released today by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) demonstrates the persistence of bias against Latinos, Asians and African Americans, but the methodology used may understate the level of discrimination, according to the Poverty & Race Research Action Council (PRRAC)."This important HUD ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! News
- HUD offices to close nationwide on Friday
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development on Monday announced that it will close its offices nationwide on Friday. HUD will resume normal operation June 17.
June 10, 2013 - The Topeka Capital-Journal
- HUD Makes $109 Million Available to Revitalize Housing, Communities
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) announced recently that it is making available $109 million in grants to revitalize public and HUD-assisted housing and transform communities. These grants are offered through HUD’s Choice Neighborhoods Program, a redevelopment approach that provides communities with tools to revitalize hard-hit communities into vibrant, opportunity-rich ...
June 9, 2013 - RISMedia Real Estate News
- Patty Murray in International Herald Tribune
The ethical allegations against Jackson "meant that the Bush administration's ineffective housing policies were being burdened by an even more ineffective HUD Secretary," Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., said after Jackson's announcement.
- Chris Dodd in TIME
I do not believe Secretary Jackson is capable of effectively carrying out his responsibilities and the responsibilities of the Department of Housing and Urban Development,Dodd said in a statement. "Now, more than ever, we need a HUD...
- Alphonso Jackson in San Francisco Chronicle
HUD and local communities are increasingly providing permanent housing solutions and breaking a vicious cycle of homelessness for those who have lived on the streets as a way of life,HUD Secretary Alphonso Jackson said in a statement.