- n a seller of shoddy goods
- He saw a whole street of Florence, including the quarters of Donatello and Bronzino, torn down to make room for a cheap-jack row of shops devoted to "bijouterie and parfumerie.
- The flood of stuff in California is all bootleg, some imported from Mexico, more of it home-brewed by chemistry majorsprobably in college labsand by cheap-jack operators .
- The Conservatives would promise no "easy, cheap-jack Utopia of airy phrases .
News & Articles
- The Wizard of Oz Is Still Grand and Still Human, Even in 3D IMAX
You have every reason to be skeptical. We've suffered years of 3D cash-grabs. This spring visited upon us a cheap-jack James Franco grimacing through the stubbornly un-magical Oz the Great and Powerful . And the movies have only gotten L. Frank Baum right precisely once, in 1939. Return...
Sept. 17, 2013 - The Village Voice