hawking : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n English theoretical physicist (born in 1942)
- n the act of selling goods for a living
- v sell or offer for sale from place to place
- v hunt with hawks
- v clear mucus or food from one's throat
- Not a day goes by without one of them hogging airtime on a TV variety show, hawking breast-enhancing vitamins in commercials or eclipsing dimmer stars on the gossip pages.
- Thousands of copies have crossed the Atlantic: two entrepreneurs were spotted hawking copies of the book for $158 beneath a statue of Winston Churchill, across from Parliament.
- But ten miles away, in the working-class suburb of Quilmes, merchants are hawking everything from homemade turnovers to new and used clothes, custom carpentry, haircuts and .
News & Articles
- Eric Bledsoe's Offseason To-Do List for Maximizing Potential Next Season
After making the jump from the NBA ’s best-kept secret to the intriguing engine on the Los Angeles Clippers’ "A Tribe Called Bench," young guard Eric Bledsoe has some tough offseason work to do in order to maximize his potential heading into next season. Bledsoe made a name for himself last year as a change-of-pace guard to maestro Chris Paul and a ball-hawking perimeter defender. The guard’s ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Ozz the great and powerless: Black Sabbath brings back despair
I may simply be reading too much into things again, but part of me thinks it wasn’t a coincidence that I noticed Jenny Lawson is hawking mental-health ribbons on the very same day I heard the Black Sabbath reunion album. Lawson, the self-christened Bloggess and author of the screamingly funny Let’s Pretend This Never Happened, is also a crusader against the misunderstanding that surrounds ...
June 11, 2013 - Orlando Weekly
- Comic Superheroes Rack Up Endorsements
Households in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco were in for a surprise this past week when they opened their newspapers to find a comic book with their favorite superhero hawking men’s skin care products. While the connection between Marvel’s Captain America and Kiehl’s...
June 8, 2013 - ABC News
- Peter Diamandis in Forbes
The key thing here is that weightless and personal spaceflight is something available to everyone, even someone like Prof. Hawking,Diamandis told The Associated Press. "This something that almost everyone can now experience."
- Maureen Dowd in Raw Story
Dowd wrote: "Wilson's shocking disrespect for the office of the president - no Democrat ever shouted 'liar' at W. when he was hawking a fake case for war in Iraq - convinced me: Some people just can't believe a black man is president and will never...
- Piers Sellers in Register
Sellers said in a statement: "Stephen Hawking is a definitive hero to all of us involved in exploring the Cosmos. His contribution to science is unique and he serves as a continuous inspiration to every thinking person. It was an honour for the crew...