hawkins : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n English privateer involved in the slave trade; later helped build the fleet that in 1588 defeated the Spanish Armada (1532-1595)
- n United States jazz saxophonist (1904-1969)
News & Articles
- BASKETBALL: Hawkins' first week as a Wildcat has been a dream come true.
Following the Kentucky All-Star team’s big loss to the Indiana All-Stars Friday at Freedom Hall, Mr. Basketball Dominique Hawkins was immediately surrounded by a throng of reporters as he left the floor.
June 16, 2013 - Richmond Register
- Kentucky basketball's Dominique Hawkins smiles like a Cheshire Wildcat over 'crazy talent'
University of Kentucky basketball recruit Dominique Hawkins trudged off the Freedom Hall floor late Friday night after his Kentucky All-Stars had fallen to the Indiana All-Stars 114-60.
June 15, 2013 - Louisville Courier-Journal
- Anna Hawkins, 16, Killed While 'Car Surfing' on Roof of Automobile (Video)
Anna Hawkins, 16, was accidentally killed while "car surfing" on the roof of a vehicle in Dawsonville, Ga (video below). According to police, the Suzuki Grand Vitara spun out of control, Hawkins was thrown off the roof and hit the concrete road on Monday at about 9 p.m. "The vehicle entered a right-hand curve too fast and the driver lost control. The vehicle traveled across the northbound lane ...
June 13, 2013 - Opposing Views