- n the act of drawing or hauling something
the haul up the hill went very slowly
- n the quantity that was caught
- v draw slowly or heavily
- v transport in a vehicle
haul stones from the quarry in a truck
haul vegetables to the market
- The Senate passed its first important piece of railroad legislationthe Gooding long and short haul bill.
- The Southern California money manager and master number cruncher says stocks beat bonds over the long haul but the long haul is an awful lot longer if you buy stocks when they .
- Why buy a long-haul operator? Aer Lingus is not a long-haul operator.
- Lindsay Lohan in TIME
Lohan, through sobs, addressed the court just prior to sentencing: "I did do everything I was told, and did the best I could to balance jobs and showing up," she told the judge. "It's just been such a long haul I don't want you to think I...
- Tiger Wood in ESPN
I just need to keep progressing and keep moving my way up the board,he said. "It's a long haul. The US Open is not going to get easier as the week goes on -- especially on the weekend. And from what I hear it's supposed to be overcast, so...
- Omar Minaya in USA Today
It's mostly soreness,Minaya said on a conference call. "We all want to see Johan Santana pitching in September. But this is a smart move because we want to see him pitching for the long haul."