- n a conservative who is uncompromising
- s firm and uncompromising
- He was replaced by Nguyen Duy Trinh, a pro-Peking hardliner.
- On Poland, Haig was not the hardliner.
- And the fact that an immigration hardliner like Tancredo plans to pull the lever for McCain suggests that the Republican immigration backlash he threatens may not materialize .
News & Articles
- Reformist Rowhani surprises with lead in Iran election
ISTANBUL - The man poised to take the Iranian presidency is a moderate-conservative known for his negotiating skill over the country's nuclear weapons program and a reformist some hardliners in Iran previously saw as too liberal and conciliatory, analysts say.
June 15, 2013 - Reno Gazette-Journal
- A Last Chance For Iran
Fifty million Iranian voters will head to the polls today. They will elect their next president – the man who will have to contend with Iran’s 25% youth unemployment rate, a shrinking economy and a 32% inflation rate. This new president will have a chance to move Iran’s policies away from the dangerous conservatism of the hardliners and, hopefully, begin to rehabilitate Iran’s image and economy ...
June 14, 2013 - Forbes
- Hardliners still split as Iran election campaign ends
By Jon Hemming DUBAI (Reuters) - Campaigning in Iran's presidential election ended on Thursday, a day before the vote in which the sole moderate candidate has an outside chance of stealing victory from his hardline rivals. Hardliners have failed to agree on a unity candidate, potentially splitting their vote and improving the chances of moderate cleric Hassan Rohani to progress to a run-off poll ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Claude Gauthier in Canada.com
There's a strong perception that he's a federalist hardliner who's firmly opposed to Quebec's traditional demands,said pollster Claude Gauthier of the authoritative CROP firm. "He has a reputation for coming down hard on Quebec."
- David Owen in NEWS.com.au
He's a hardliner. We shouldn't delude ourselves, but it's a good step,Mr Owen said.
- Cecile Richards in WDC Media News
Describing Keroack as "anti-birth control" and an "anti-sex education hardliner," Richards says the nomination "makes a mockery of women's health."