hardness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the property of being rigid and resistant to pressure; not easily scratched; measured on Mohs scale
- n a quality of water that contains dissolved mineral salts that prevent soap from lathering
the costs of reducing hardness depend on the relative amounts of calcium and magnesium compounds that are present
- n devoid of passion or feeling; hardheartedness
- n the quality of being difficult to do
he assigned a series of problems of increasing hardness
- n excessive sternness
- Diamonds test the hardness of alloys in razor-blade and ice-skate factories.
- The hardness of the blades makes them less flexible, however, so they aren't so hot for cutting that requires maneuverability, such as carving.
- The hardness of the blades makes them less flexible, however, and they should not be used for cutting that requires maneuverability, such as carving.
News & Articles
- Bluestar Silicones Presents Elastomer Solutions at Medical Design and Manufacturing ...
PHILADELPHIA – Bluestar Silicones will showcase its new Silbione® silicone elastomer solutions, including low durometer liquid silicone rubber (LSR) and self-bleeding LSR, at the upcoming Medical Design Manufacturing (MDM) East Conference (Booth #3744), June 18-20. Bluestar Silicones' new 1 Shore A (ShA) hardness product, Silbione LSR 4301, uniquely combines strong physical properties and ...
June 20, 2013 - ThomasNet
- James Instruments Inc. Introduces A Low Impact Manual Rebound Hammer
Low Impact Manual Rebound Hammer introduced by James Instruments Inc. for Economical Strength Testing of thin walled specimens of Hardened Concrete and Hardness Testing of Other Materials (PRWeb June 20, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10847200.htm
June 20, 2013 - PRWeb
- Engineered Coating can be applied to any metallic substrate.
Available for samples/prototypes and part sizes that fit inside 32 in. cube., Boron Nitride Electroless Nickel (BNEN) plating service provides hardness and lubricity. Composite plating process, able to achieve demanding tolerances (.00005–.002 in. thicknesses), suits parts fabricated from aluminum, copper, brass, magnesium, stainless steel, and steel. Coefficient of friction, ability to ...
June 19, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Adam Goodes in The Canberra Times
I think it's his competitiveness, just his hardness and his hard ball getting ability, and his quick hands, and then he can break the game open with his pace, kicking, running and handballing to blokes on the outside,Goodes said. "He can...
- President Bush in Caribbean Net News
And there was a lot wrong with me, but it had to do with old stuff from my childhood that I had a lot of shame about. I'm a very proud man. Because I didn't want to feel shame, it was easier to manifest that into anger and a hardness, and then it... Mickey Rourke http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey_Rourke&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHPZNw3DyS6x7NhUwBOSnnXs_0-8A FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008Sep10/0,4670,FilmMickeyRourke,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF5XZRJySe61a4GP6aiCyQ5WmdCew Sep 10, 2008
45534 62006 hardness In 2004, President George W Bush said of slavery: Years of unpunished brutality and bullying and rape produced a dullness and hardness of conscience. Christian men and women became blind to the clearest commands of their faith and added hypocrisy...