- n swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs; young born furred and with open eyes
- n flesh of any of various rabbits or hares (wild or domesticated) eaten as food
- v run quickly, like a hare
He hared down the hill
- That's thanks to details like a curved underbody, an ultra-fuel-efficient 54-cc engine and a driver who understands why the turtle beat the hare.
- With its five-minute rule and other time-saving parliamentary devices, the House of Representatives is a legislative hare, ordinarily loping far ahead of the tortoise-like Senate .
News & Articles
- O'Hare Last Among Big Airports in On-time Departures
June 13--O'Hare International Airport ranked last among major U.S. airports in getting flights out on time in April, according to the latest Transportation Department statistics released Thursday.
June 17, 2013 - Aircraft Maintenance Technology
- Plane lands safely at O’Hare despite mechanical problems
Ambulances were called to O’Hare Airport after an incoming plane reported mechanical problems, but the plane landed safely, and no one was hurt, according to the Chicago Fire …
June 15, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- O’Hare ranks last among big-city airports for on-time departures
Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport ranks dead last among U.S. big-city airports in on-time departures, new data for the first four months of 2013 indicated Thursday. The numbers for on-time arrivals weren’t much better. There, O’Hare came in second-to-last. Data released by the federal Bureau of Transportation Statistics for January through April of this year indicated departures at O’Hare ...
June 13, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- Charles Schumer in WTTE
New York Senator Charles Schumer called the idea a "goofy, hare-brained scheme."
- Jose Guillen in Chicago Sun-Times
I talked to him about it, and [general manager] Kenny [Williams] talked to him about it: It's about winning,Guillen said. "I talked to him and made it real clear: 'If you don't pitch well, you're going to have O'Hare Airport next to you...
- Damon Hill in Mibz (blog)
They have two totally different approaches. You've got a Senna-esque driver and a Prost-like driver. It is a bit like the tortoise and the hare,Hill also said, even though it's a odd compare the F1 drivers with the tortoise.