hardware : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n major items of military weaponry (as tanks or missile)
- n instrumentalities (tools or implements) made of metal
- n (computer science) the mechanical, magnetic, electronic, and electrical components making up a computer system
- The hardware section gives the scoop on portable players, sound cards and speakers.
- I like to own my hardware and software.
- All three machinesPlayStation 2, Xbox and GameCube--are showing their age, and a new generation of game hardware is aborning.
News & Articles
- Discover Android hardware and system info with CPU-Z
CPU-Z for Android displays a lot of useful hardware and system information on your Android device. Originally posted at How To
June 21, 2013 - CNET
- Ace Hardware Unveils Top Color and Decor Trends for Summer
Today, Ace Hardware, the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the industry, unveils its top color trends for summer 2013, collaboratively chosen by Ace's panel of Design Experts. With over 30 ...
June 20, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Lawsuit Alleges Hardware Billionaire John Menard Pressured Former Business Partner's Wife For Sex
Billionaire hardware mogul John Menard, Jr. and Indiana insurance exec Stephen Hilbert were friends for two decades and business partners for one. They shared vacations in St. Martin and trackside seats at NASCAR races. But that friendship soured a couple years back, and Menard has lately been papering Hilbert with lawsuits, accusing him of mismanaging the private equity firm they founded ...
June 20, 2013 - Forbes
- Howard Stringer in Forbes
All the production problems have been solved. We are making a comeback already,said Stringer, promising to boost game offerings and bolster the game's networking platform. "We always lose money in the hardware initially, and we recover...
- David Letterman in CBS News
He looks like the guy who makes keys at hardware store. He looks like the guy who has wiry hair growing out of new places,Letterman said as McCain walked onto the stage.
- Steve Jobs in Taipei Times
Apple in March accused HTC of infringing on 20 Apple patents related to the "user interface, underlying architecture and hardware" of the iPhone.