- n the wood of broad-leaved dicotyledonous trees (as distinguished from the wood of conifers)
- The men who lumber the hardwood forests of the Appalachian hillsides and the Mississippi Valley have a code which, as codes go, is a good one.
- Frames Of the Games From the expanses of the running track to the confines of the hardwood court and the diving platform, the world's top athletes produce a bumper crop of new .
- Pryor struck a deal: if his godfather planted hardwood trees in the rain forest's degraded areas and started growing mate along with them, Pryor would buy the output.
News & Articles
- Tennis POYs: Roth and Mestre
Urbana University High duo overcame everything — including a crash. URBANA — Alex Mestre walks barefoot along the hardwood floor at his family’s home in Urbana. It’s a warm day in June, so the recent Urbana University High graduate is sporting navy blue shorts and dark gray T-shirt. read more
June 18, 2013 - IlliniHQ.com
- Bumper crop of maple syrup
Howard Beaupre from Fox Hill Sugar House in Milton loads hardwood into the arch which will boil sap to 218 degrees where it will be come maple syrup. Beaupre said its been an excellent season so far and hopes to produce around 600 gallons of Syrup this spring.
June 17, 2013 - The Burlington Free Press
- For severely wounded dog, happiness is a warm home
Chloe the Shih Tzu sashays her way across the hardwood floor, a hot-pink vest secured around her small body, her sandy-colored hair pulled into a tiny ponytail to show off her warm brown eyes. She stops at the feet of Abby Dunlap, who is sitting in a cozy armchair in ...
June 17, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Ron Wyden in Forbes
Over the past few years, the US hardwood plywood sector has experienced a dramatic downturn, which has put the entire US industry in jeopardy,Wyden wrote, citing declines since 2003 ins US production, shipment volume and market share.