- n the condition of being unable to perform as a consequence of physical or mental unfitness
- n advantage given to a competitor to equalize chances of winning
- n something immaterial that interferes with or delays action or progress
- v injure permanently
- v attempt to forecast the winner (especially in a horse race) and assign odds for or against a contestant
- v put at a disadvantage
- On the campaign trail, I have the opportunity to meet people from all walks of life from residents at a battered women's shelter to mentally handicap children to retirees .
- Plays there twice a year and is said to have a respectable 12 handicap Last sighted: Jakarta courthouse, where he is the only Suharto child to stand trial for graft.
- He did all this despite a grave handicap: he was blind.
News & Articles
- SCOTT COLUMN: Re-emergence of Fort Larned, Paynter good news for handicap division
The handicap division received a much-needed boost this past weekend with the decisive “comeback” victories by Fort Larned and Paynter.
June 18, 2013 - The Saratogian
- Grant may yield handicap improvements in Dillonvale
PERMANENT handicap improvements at the Dillonvale Municipal Building might be made with the help of a grant before the November election, according to discussion at a recent village council meeting.
June 17, 2013 - The Times Leader
- Jebrica rallies to victory in Budweiser Handicap | Emerald Downs
Jebrica rallied boldly and notched a three-quarter-length victory over Stryker Phd in the $50,000 Budweiser Handicap for 3-year-olds and up Sunday before a packed house on Father’s Day at Emerald Downs. Defending champion Winning Machine finished third and Why Not Be Perfect was fourth. Makors Finale and Hoist, co-favored at 5-to-2 in the wagering, weakened to finish fifth and sixth respectively ...
June 17, 2013 - Auburn Reporter
- Robert Bothwell in Belleville News Democrat
It's a handicap that a lot of people won't forgive him for. It just causes a lot of people to turn off. They claim they don't understand him,said Robert Bothwell, director of the international relations program at the University of Toronto.
- Radomir Antic in SkySports
Klose's red card was obviously a big handicap for Germany, but we were very positive and energetic after me and my players were under a great deal of pressure from the defeat in our opening game,added Antic.
- Slaven Bilic in ITV.com
We are motivated also because of Eduardo, it's clear because he is very popular among players,said Bilic. "He is recovering and he even may even join Arsenal for their preparations (for next season). Eduardo's absence is a handicap, we...