groveling : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v show submission or fear
- s totally submissive
- They could be defeated, they could be reduced to groveling before an Asian race, the Japanese.
- Peering through his heavy spectacles, Divine Emperor Hirohito, the Son of Heaven, observed groveling on the matting before him last week his large, old-fashioned War Minister .
- Some public groveling from the President may now be in order.
News & Articles
- Serena, stop the racket
Serena Williams had a shot at making things right. She didn’t take it. The world’s No. 1 ranked tennis player, an icon to girls and women everywhere, did not apologize yesterday for blaming a rape victim for her own attack. She never issued a groveling “sorry.’’ A day...
June 20, 2013 - New York Post
- Elton John in Washington Blade
This is a moment you thought you'd never see,John said, though he did, of course, add that he had "written a groveling apology and offered to join the Kabbalah."
- Patt Morrison in New York Times
I want groveling,wrote Patt Morrison, an op-ed writer at The Los Angeles Times, over the weekend, echoing a chorus of others. "I want show-trial sweating and stammering. I want their nine-figure bonus checks endorsed over to the rest of...
- David Attenborough in USA Today
Adjectives like 'abject' and 'servile' come to mind,said Sir David Attenborough, who held a string of BBC management posts in the 1960s. "It is a sad day when that kind of groveling is required."