- n the act of grazing
- n the act of brushing against while passing
- v feed as in a meadow or pasture
the herd was grazing
- v break the skin (of a body part) by scraping
- v let feed in a field or pasture or meadow
- v scrape gently
- v eat lightly, try different dishes
- After grazing around a mostly dormant hot spring known as Soda Butte, bison amble single file to ford the Lamar River and join the herd on a recent sunny fall afternoon.
- The FAO estimates that about 20% of the planet's pastureland has been degraded by grazing animals, and increased demand for meat means increased demand for animal feed much of .
- Starting with a 1904 treaty with the British, they ceded much of the region's best grazing land to European farmers and consigned themselves to isolated reservations.
News & Articles
- Since 1941, Army has extra mouths to feed: An elk herd
RICHMOND Frankie Johnson beeped the horn on his red pickup. On the far side of a forested pasture, elk stopped grazing, looked toward him for a few seconds, then came trotting. "They usually come," he said, and he should know: For 20 years, Johnson has fed the elk herd that lives at the military's Defense Supply Center at Bellwood.
June 21, 2013 - The Virginian-Pilot
- Jaime Pressly Cut Off All Her Hair - See Her Dramatic Transformation!
(Photos by PacificCoastNews.com; Getty) Jaime Pressly , she of the shoulder-grazing golden locks a million California girls dream of, has done the unthinkable—she chopped all her hair off! Okay, not all her hair off, but the actress's brand-new layered bob is definitely a dramatic transformation from her bouncy, buoyant curls of, um, yesterday. Let's observe! The angled bangs, the graduated back ...
June 19, 2013 - StyleBistro
- Appeals court: BLM must story more grazing plans
The Bureau of Land Management must consider a wider range of grazing alternatives, including some that provide more protections for public land, when it reviews permits in the Upper Missouri River Bre
June 18, 2013 - Montana Kaimin
- Chet Culver in Forbes
I encourage the US Department of Agriculture to immediately release Conservation Reserve Program lands for both haying and grazing,Culver said in a statement.
- Nate McLouth in SI.com
It's rock hard, it's as fast as turf, but it looks like there's been a dozen cows out there grazing this week,Pirates left fielder Nate McLouth said.
- Nicolas Roche in bettor.com (blog)
I am okay:just some bruises and grazing,Roche told VeloNation. "It's nothing too serious:top 20 would have been superb, but I was satisfied enough, time-wise."