- n (ethnic slur) offensive term for a person of Mexican descent
- Cruise played a psychotic cadet in Taps, a winsome greaser in The Outsiders, but it was in Paul Brickman's sleek and sexy summer comedy Risky Business that Cruise first turned on .
- On one side is the "greaser," teen descendant of Elvis, Brando and James Dean; poor white trash and proud of it.
- The greaser villains, led by Bo Hopkins, have the traditional approach to any problem in interpersonal relations: "Tie him to a car and drag him.
News & Articles
- Concert preview: No, seriously, Daughn Gibson’s trip-hop/retro country hybrid is good
There are enough questionable aspects of Daughn Gibson’s persona to make him feel like a farce: the contrived stage name (Daughn?), the affected Elvis-meets-Crash-Test-Dummies baritone drawl, the also-affected Elvis-meets-Jack-Kerouac greaser getup, the truck-driver backstory, the faux-primitive album title Me Moan. But Gibson’s dusky trip-hop/retro country hybrid is legitimately compelling ...
July 10, 2013 - Columbus Alive
- Richie Sambora in Starpulse.com (blog)
Speaking to reporters, Sambora told of his own experiences with the illness: "My father was a huge smoker. He used to suck down Lucky Strike unfiltereds (cigarettes) for years. He was a big greaser in the '50s. Watching him deteriorate was a...
- Billy Martin in ESPN
In September 1973, after taking over the Rangers, Martin said, "The Angels dominate the league when it comes to guys who throw funny pitches. Bill Singer throws a greaser, Aurelio Monteagude throws a spitter and Nolan Ryan throws a steamer. All they...