- s large in amount or extent or degree
a goodly amount
- A goodly part of the media has decided that the Israeli occupation is the greater evil, that Palestinian terrorism is somehow "understandable" and that Israeli counterthrusts are .
- A goodly number of representatives of the Governors of coastal states from Texas to Maine will present themselves, next week, to the Secretary of Commerce.
- For the part of humanity that reads--that's still a goodly chunk, by the way--McEwan's new book is a major event.
News & Articles
- HBO Trailer Mania: Eastbound & Down, Larry David’s Clear History, More Newsroom
HBO debuted a goodly amount of teasers on Sunday, perhaps to ease the pain of Game of Thrones going dark until season four. Among the pack are The Newsroom, Boardwalk Empire, the undead Eastbound & Down, Larry David and Greg Mottola's movie Clear History, and Stephen Merchant's Hello Ladies.The meatiest ... More »
June 10, 2013 - Vulture
- Kevin Pollak in The State Journal-Register
In his free time, Pollak said, the poker variant Texas Hold 'Em has become "a goodly part of my life."
- Paul Kanjorski in Baltimore Sun
This idea that it's late, guys, and you've got to pass it, and you've got to do it or nothing, I'm afraid a lot of people are overestimating the willingness of a goodly number of members of Congress to play chicken,Kanjorski said.
- John Sculley in Wauconda Courier
I always paid attention to his career. He is one of my heroes, and I agree with him on a goodly number things,specifically the right to life, Scully said.