go-between : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a negotiator who acts as a link between parties
- Maoist leader Prachanda declined to be interviewed in person but agreed to reply in writing to questions delivered by PTI's South Asia bureau chief Alex Perry to a go-between in .
- John's go-between was said to be Burnett-Alleyne, a convicted smuggler who once recruited mercenaries to invade Barbados.
- The kidnappers have not yet appointed a go-between to conduct negotiations, and in the meantime, Abbas has left Gaza for Jordan, essentially severing his involvement in efforts to .
News & Articles
- Santos: No media show for ex-Marine's handover
BOGOTA, Colombia — Colombia's president says he refuses to let the country's main rebel group make a media event of the release of a 26-year-old former U.S. Marine. President Juan Manuel Santos said Tuesday that he will not allow former Sen. Piedad Cordoba, a longtime go-between favored by the insurgents, or any other public figure participate in the release. Santos says he will only allow the ...
July 24, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Future Bible Heroes come to World Café Live
If keyboardist/vocalist Claudia Gonson weren't already here, you'd have to invent her. When pop's ultimate multitasker isn't busy being Stephin Merritt's longtime musical partner in Magnetic Fields, she's the singing go-between for him and instrumentalist
July 19, 2013 - Philly.com
- Exclusive: Egypt's Brotherhood proposes first crisis talks via EU envoy
By Edmund Blair and Peter Graff CAIRO (Reuters) - The Muslim Brotherhood said on Thursday it had proposed through an EU go-between a framework for talks to resolve Egypt's political crisis, its first formal announcement of an offer for negotiations since President Mohamed Mursi was toppled. Brotherhood official Gehad el-Haddad, who represented the movement in previous EU-facilitated talks, told ...
July 18, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan in CTV.ca
In our meetings with the sides, we will remind (them of) our readiness for a possible go-between role or to host conferences in our country,Erdogan said in Ankara, Turkey, before his departure for Israel. "I hope our contacts will help...