mediator : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a negotiator who acts as a link between parties
- A mediator should not breach her responsibility of neutrality.
- Let us give the mediator a chance and not jump the gun by saying that there is little chance that the issue would be solved.
- Israel may no longer welcome Erdogan as a mediator after his clash with Peres, but the Turkish Prime Minister may be looking to boost his standing at home and in the Arab world.
News & Articles
- US, Russia to hold Syria talks in Geneva next week
Senior U.S. officials will meet with their Russian counterparts and an international mediator in Geneva, Switzerland Tuesday to open discussion on a peace conference on Syria.
June 21, 2013 - Fox News
- K. William Gibson to receive ABA award for law practice management excellence
CHICAGO, June 20, 2013 — K. William Gibson, arbitrator and mediator of Gibson Mediation in Portland, Ore., will receive the Samuel S. Smith Award from the American Bar Association’s Law Practice Management Section . The award is presented annually to an individual who has demonstrated excellence in law practice management.
June 20, 2013 - American Bar Association
- Newfane district declares impasse with teachers
Lockport Union-Sun & Journal — NEWFANE - A mediator will be brought in to help contract negotiations between the Newfane Central School District and its teachers union, following the district’s declaration of an impasse Tuesday.
June 19, 2013 - Lockport Union-Sun & Journal
- Raila Odinga in ABC News
There cannot be peace without justice,Odinga said. "We want a mediator. We want a properly negotiated settlement, not a coalition government."
- Zalmay Khalilzad in Washington Post
In the role of mediator, it has inherent legitimacy and the flexibility to talk to all parties, including elements outside the political process,Khalilzad wrote in The Times.
- Ingrid Betancourt in International Herald Tribune
Betancourt, who met with President Alvaro Uribe after arriving from Europe, said that though she is "neither a mediator nor a facilitator" she would do her all to try to secure freedom for the rebel-held hostages she left behind in Colombia's...