- s marked by quiet and caution and secrecy; taking pains to avoid being observed
a furtive manner
- s secret and sly or sordid
- The furtive glances of the man standing near the bridge was a dead giveaway. He was caught trying to peddle drugs to children.
- The Chinese giant was so dazzled by the lights of Las Vegas that he didn't notice the furtive glances of the tourists gathering around him.
- And will he locate a furtive decency under all that artful scheming? Neither holds much suspense, since 1) this is an action movie and 2) DiCaprio takes lots of risks as an actor .
News & Articles
- Jeff Simon find TV roots ‘Under the Dome’
“I love you” says the romantic young boy to the hot teen waitress after furtive sex. He’s about to go off to college soon. She thinks for a couple seconds as she puts her uniform back on. “It’s been a fun summer” she responds finally to his gushing declaration.
June 23, 2013 - The Buffalo News
- Yasar Buyukanit in International Herald Tribune
Unfortunately, every day in different ways appear furtive plans that aim to undo the modern advances and ruin the Turkish republic's secular and democratic structure,the chief of the general staff, General Yasar Buyukanit, said in a statement...
- Raymond Kelly in Right Juris
He looks around, takes off that shirt, puts it in a bag and continues to walk south, looking a couple of times in a furtive manner,Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said.
- Ahmedou Ould-Abdallah in Xinhua
Yesterday (Thursday) a group, acting in a furtive manner, attempted to assassinate a courageous countryman who is a cabinet member,said Ould-Abdallah. "And the day before an innocent Member of Parliament, was killed. I totally deplore...