futurist : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a theologian who believes that the Scripture prophecies of the Apocalypse (the Book of Revelation) will be fulfilled in the future
- n someone who predicts the future
- a of or relating to futurism
- So will futurist adventures that evoke the splendor of the movie past.
- Thus Filippo Tommaso Marinetti and his friends, the futurist painters, in a manifesto from 1910.
- A new show in London captures the unbridled energy of last century's futurist painters.
News & Articles
- Agricultural Futurist Jack Uldrich to Keynote Four Events in June and July
Noted keynote speaker, global futurist and best-selling author, Jack Uldrich, has been selected to deliver four keynote addresses on future trends in agriculture to the following organizations in June and July: Novozymes, Ag Ventures, Mushroom Canada and the Egg Farmers of Canada. (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10818781.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Join Us To Hear About The Future Of Education
As part of our Futurist Forum, we’re hosting a talk with Institute For The Future Executive Director Marina Gorbis about the changing ways we learn. Editor’s Note This post is part of Co.Exist’s Futurist Forum , a series of articles by some of the world’s leading futurists about what the world will look like in the near and distant future, and how you can improve how you navigate future ...
June 10, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- Futurist Jim Carroll to Speak on What World Class Innovators Do
SANTA MONICA, Calif., June 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jim Carroll, author and futurist, will be a featured speaker at Atlantic Design & Manufacturing at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia ...
June 7, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- William Gibson in Xtra.ca
As a futurist, someone with some experience in long-range scenario-based corporate and municipal planning, I've seen my share of jaw-droppingly shortsighted proposals,says Gibson.
- Alain Ducasse in Washington Post
What we want to achieve is a contemporary interpretation of French food -- not futurist, nor retro, but contemporary, to go with the Eiffel Tower in its time,Ducasse said.
- Dave Mustaine in The Gauntlet
It was exciting to see the different entries, but this one stayed true to the idea of the contest which was to create an update of Vic,said Mustaine. "This artist had a futurist vision -- you can still tell it's Vic, but he's morphed over...