- n inflammation of the laminated tissue that attaches the hoof to the foot of a horse
- n a person who founds or establishes some institution
- n a worker who makes metal castings
- v fail utterly; collapse
The project foundered
- v sink below the surface
- v break down, literally or metaphorically
- v stumble and nearly fall
the horses foundered
- As co-founder Steve Waldman conceived it, Beliefnet.
- The pious continue to gather at the mausoleum of the founder of the Islamic Republic even as the regime has turned against his family.
- Ramadan, 38, is the grandson of Hassan al-Banna, founder, in 1928, of the Muslim Brotherhood, an Islamic revival movement that spread from Egypt throughout the Arab world .
News & Articles
- Ky. company founder giving up stake in settlement
The founder of a now-bankrupt southern Kentucky oil and gas drilling firm will surrender all interest in the company as part of a settlement with a bankruptcy trustee that ends years of litigation with ...
June 27, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- IKEA Founder Ingvar Kamprad Moving Back to Sweden
IKEA founder Ingvar Kamprad moving back to native Sweden after 3 decades
June 26, 2013 - ABC News
- IKEA founder to return home 40 years after fleeing Swedish taxes
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Ingvar Kamprad, founder of furniture company IKEA, announced on Wednesday he plans to return home to Sweden 40 years after leaving the country to escape its high taxes. Kamprad, 87, said he would return from Switzerland before year-end and settle down on a farm outside of Almhult, a southern Swedish town where he founded IKEA 70 years ago and put Swedish "flat-pack ...
June 26, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Jerry Jones in New York Times
He was a founder. He was the energy, really, that put together half of the league, and then he was the key person in merging the two leagues together,said Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys and Hunt's neighbor. "You'd be hard-pressed...
- James Dobson in International Herald Tribune
One of the common errors of founder-presidents is to hold to the reins of leadership too long, thereby preventing the next generation from being prepared for executive authority,Dobson said in a statement.
- Jimmy Carter in Edmonton Sun
He used his remarkable gifts as an entrepreneur for the benefit of millions of needy people around the world by providing them with decent housing,Carter said in a statement. "As the founder of Habitat for Humanity and later the Fuller...