- n someone new to a field or activity
- n a person who founds or establishes some institution
- Two days after a seemingly innocent fall on a beginner ski slope, the actress died in a New York City hospital.
- Take the paradoxical state that Buddhists seek to achieve, what they call sho-shin, or "beginner's mind.
- There are even lessons in cultural sensitivity and a beginner's guide to art and religion.
- Lauren Bacall in BBC News
She's not a legend. She's a beginner...... she can't be a legend at whatever age she is,Bacall told GMTV.
- Mani Ratnam in india-server.com
He adds "I am not worried about the craze and expectations from others. I just want to get the film right and do as good as I can. I feel as pressurized as a beginner before every release."
- Jim Bradley in Toronto Star
We are taking decisive steps to improve standards for beginner driver education programs, so parents can be confident that when they choose a driving school, their children will learn to drive safely and correctly,Bradley said in a statement.