- n someone who has entered a religious order but has not taken final vows
- n someone new to a field or activity
- That of the novice in politics who became a master of the art, trusted her own instincts and discovered she could be right more often than her jaded rivals could ever have imagined.
- The expert had killed Ardman even faster than the novice had.
- The first few weeks for a novice hostess can be disorienting.
News & Articles
- Muskegon area marinas offer free sailboat rides as part of "Summer Sailstice"
Experienced and novice sailors alike will take to the waters around Muskegon on Saturday, June 22 as part of the 13th annual Summer Sailstice.
June 14, 2013 - The Muskegon Chronicle
- Novice challenges Colonie supervisor
Novice challenges Colonie supervisor Times Union Copyright 2013 Times Union. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 9:20 pm, Wednesday, June 12, 2013 Incumbent says choice shows Republicans' lack of candidates For his first political campaign, Todd Drake is aiming high — town supervisor. Drake, 37, owns Empire Real Estate ...
June 13, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- FAP Novice Foil NON-ELECTRIC AGES 13+
FAP Novice Foil NON-ELECTRIC AGES 13+ Jun 21, 2013 Fencers must be born in or before 2000 . See "More Info" for eligibility, format, and fee details. Limit - 8 fencers. Pre-registered entries are $20, walk-ins (if room) $30. Fencing Academy of Philadelphia: Philadelphia, PA Preregister Who's Coming Email the Organizer Map to 3519 Lancaster Ave. Philadelphia PA 19104 Novice fencers must have been ...
June 10, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Gordon Brown in ABC News
Everyone knows that I'm all in favor of apprenticeships, but let me tell you this is no time for a novice,Brown said with a grin, delivering a swipe at his two young rivals: Conservative leader David Cameron and, within his own party, Foreign...
- David Cameron in Independent
In a direct challenge to Gordon Brown's claim that in the current crisis it is "no time for a novice", Mr Cameron said that Britain needs "a change in direction".
- James Earl Jones in San Francisco Chronicle
I consider myself a novice, really,says Jones, who continues to embody the best self of an actor. "I really love doing it. That means I'm ready to learn more."