foundering : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (of a ship) sinking
- v fail utterly; collapse
- v sink below the surface
- v break down, literally or metaphorically
- v stumble and nearly fall
- Trevor Manuel in Independent Online
Cape Town's rapid transport system was "foundering a little bit", Planning Minister Trevor Manuel said on Thursday.
- John Banks in Manawatu Standard
Don't interpret this as the project foundering,said Banks. "It is on track and we are making progress."
- Henry Waxman in MyStateline.com
California Democrat Henry Waxman argued, quote: "Our nation's economy is foundering (and) we need to respond; we urgently need an economic recovery package to set the nation on the proper course to rebound."