- n an abrupt failure of function or complete physical exhaustion
- n a natural event caused by something suddenly falling down or caving in
the roof is in danger of collapse
the collapse of the old star under its own gravity
- n the act of throwing yourself down
- n a sudden large decline of business or the prices of stocks (especially one that causes additional failures)
- v break down, literally or metaphorically
The wall collapsed
The business collapsed
The roof collapsed
- v collapse due to fatigue, an illness, or a sudden attack
- v fold or close up
collapse the music stand
- v fall apart
- v cause to burst
- v suffer a nervous breakdown
- v lose significance, effectiveness, or value
The stock market collapsed
News & Articles
- Miami Deck Collapse Investigation Still Underway
Miami, FL – An investigation into the collapse of a deck at Shuckers Bar & Grill last week is currently underway. Around 100 patrons were plunged into the Biscayne Bay while watching the Miami Heat game on Thursday night. Many of the individuals who hit the water were eating and drinking at the time of... Read more » Miami Deck Collapse Investigation Still Underway is a post from: The Inquisitr
June 16, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Senator: Bridge collapse wake-up call for Columbia I-5 bridge
The dramatic collapse of the Interstate 5 bridge over the Skagit River should serve as a wake-up call that officials need to replace the I-5 bridge over the Columbia River soon, U.S. Sen. Patty Murray said Friday.
June 15, 2013 - KATU Portland
- Deck collapse in Kettering injures 3
The collapse happened at the Georgetown Apartments at 101 Sheringham Court just off of Far Hills Avenue.
June 14, 2013 - WDTN-TV 2 Dayton
- Ben Bernanke in Wall Street Journal
Fears of financial collapse have receded substantially,Mr. Bernanke said at the Federal Reserve's annual retreat at Jackson Hole, Wyo. "After contracting sharply over the past year, economic activity appears to be leveling out, both in the...
- President Bush in CNN
Allowing the US auto industry to collapse is not a responsible course of action,President Bush said Friday morning.
- Dana Perino in FOXNews
The president is not going to allow a disorderly collapse of the companies,White House press secretary Dana Perino said Thursday. "A disorderly collapse would be something very chaotic that is a shock to the system."