finishing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a decorative texture or appearance of a surface (or the substance that gives it that appearance)
- n the act of finishing
the speaker's finishing was greeted with applause
- v come or bring to a finish or an end; others finished in over 4 hours"
- v finally be or do something
- v have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical
- v provide with a finish
- v finish eating all the food on one's plate or on the table
- v cause to finish a relationship with somebody
- As a student finishing high school in Scotland in 1978, Strive Masiyiwa was more concerned with liberating his native Zimbabwe than memorizing the monarchs of Britain.
- When I met him three years ago his sister-in-law was finishing feeding him lunch.
- Alex Wong Getty Images For the next month, the Obama campaign's ground focus is on finishing up the stunning gains in voter registration that it and the Democratic Party have .