- s characterized by intense emotion
- s extremely hot
set out...when the fervid heat subsides"- Frances Trollope
- The idea met with such fervid opposition that it has had to be at least temporarily abandoned.
- When they're not reading fervid potboilers like Shanghai Baby, Chinese kids are perusing a new wave of funky, chaotic teen magazines.
- If they get it right, there's a fervid fan base, composed mostly of people far too young to take death seriously, who will send those movies into almost gruesome profitability .
News & Articles
- Missouri QB James Franklin Says Mizzou Fans Are Rudest in SEC
The Southeastern Conference is known for having some of the most fervid fanbases in college football, but one SEC quarterback is more worried about catching flak from his own fanbase than the opposition. At the 2013 SEC Media Days in Hoover, Ala., Missouri quarterback James Franklin was asked which SEC program had the rudest fanbase. He definitively replied that his own Tiger fanbase was the ...
July 16, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Jack Valenti in San Diego Union Tribune
Budget discretion has to be a fervid priority at every studio,Valenti told theater owners in a speech to open the convention.
- Kurt Anderson in findingDulcinea
The magazine was conceived as a kind of gleeful, fervid, useful weekly chronicle of social and cultural anthropology,explains author Kurt Anderson in a tribute.
- Felix Magath in Goal.com
Magath noted: "I'm not so sure if the last match was so fervid: though as both clubs have added talent and depth, I think it might be a calmer weekend."